Bozeman Car Accident Lawyer
No one wants to be involved in a car accident. Not only does that disrupt your day, but you could also feel the ramifications of a crash for weeks and months. And if you have been injured in these accidents, they can add even more complications to your life.
With a car accident injury, you must deal with the medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to the incident. To make matters worse, in most cases, someone else was responsible for the incident. So, why should you have to pay for these accident-related expenses?
If you are struggling with the aftermath of a car accident, you have options. You are entitled to hold those negligent parties responsible and seek compensation under the law.
How do you start the path to recovery? Contact a Bozeman car accident lawyer today.
At Western Justice Associates, PLLC, we have helped accident victims and their families get the help they need to navigate those complicated personal injury cases. If you would like to learn about your legal options, reach out to our office.
Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents can range from fender benders to head-on collisions. Each case is unique. While one person might be able to walk away from a rear-end crash, someone else could feel the effects of severe whiplash for months or years.
Car accidents can happen anytime, anywhere, and to anyone. A legal professional can help you assess the feasibility of your claim so that you can determine what legal options to take.
Our office handles a wide range of car accident claims in Bozeman and the surrounding areas, including:
- Rear-end collisions: These accidents occur when a vehicle hits the one in front of it. When the driver of the following vehicle is not paying attention to the road ahead or when they are following too closely, it can result in a rear-end collision.
- Front-impact crashes: This type of crash is also known as a head-on collision. These car accidents occur when the fronts of two vehicles collide. They can be very severe and often result in serious injuries or death.
- Side-impact accidents: When the side of a vehicle is hit by the front or rear of another car, that is called a side-impact collision. Sometimes, you may hear them referred to as a T-bone crash. These accidents can be extremely dangerous, especially if the impact occurs on the driver’s side of the car.
- Hit-and-run incidents: These accidents involve a driver causing an accident and leaving the scene without stopping to identify themselves or offer assistance. They can be very dangerous, especially if the victim is left without help. If the driver is found, they can face additional criminal charges for leaving the scene of an accident.
These accidents can lead to a variety of injuries, from minor scrapes to even fatalities in some cases. These injuries may include:
- Whiplash is a neck injury due to forceful, rapid back-and-forth neck movement.
- Broken bones in the arms, legs, ribs, or other bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) caused by a violent blow or jolt to the head.
- Spinal cord injuries often result in partial or complete paralysis.
- Internal injuries can damage organs, causing internal bleeding and other internal wounds.
- Cuts and scrapes that may lead to infections.
- Burns from explosions, fires, or contact with hot surfaces or substances.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) may be triggered by a terrifying event.
In the aftermath of a car wreck, it can be difficult to understand who is responsible for the incident, how to claim and calculate damages, and how to navigate the legal process. That is why you will want to seek the assistance of an experienced Bozeman car accident lawyer to help you understand your rights and guide you through the legal system.
Determining Fault in an Accident
In Montana, liability is determined based on a “fault” system. With that, the party found to be at fault, or negligent, for the accident is liable for the damages. An individual can be negligent by doing something they shouldn’t have done (like running a stop sign) or failing to do something they should have done (such as maintaining the brakes and tires on a vehicle).
Under Montana law, liability is based on the degree of fault of each party involved in the accident. With that, the court determines the percentage of fault for each party. For example, if you are found to be 51% or more at fault for the accident, you cannot recover damages.
This is known as the “51% bar rule,” a modified comparative negligence rule. If a plaintiff is at fault for 50% or less of the crash, their recovery will be reduced by their “at-fault” percentage.
Often, after an accident, you need to file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company. But the other driver’s insurance company is not on your side. Their goal is to deny as many claims as possible and negotiate the lowest possible settlement for others.
You want someone in your corner who can navigate this complex system. That’s why it’s always a good idea to consult with a personal injury attorney who can help you get the compensation you deserve. Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you—take action and protect your rights.
Why You Should Work with an Attorney
Car accident lawyers have seen it all. They know exactly how to deal with insurance companies and their sneaky tactics. These professionals understand the intricacies of motor vehicle accidents, helping in cases of injury, property damage, or even death.
One of the most important things a car accident lawyer can do for you is to determine fault. This means figuring out who was responsible for the accident and making sure they’re held accountable for their actions. They’ll fight to get you the compensation you deserve, whether for lost wages, medical bills, or pain and suffering.
Insurance companies love to delay payments and undervalue claims. That can make it hard to get your life back on track after an accident. With an attorney, they’ll handle all the negotiations and make sure you get a fair settlement.
Additionally, working with a car accident lawyer can reduce your stress and increase your chances of a fair outcome. These professionals will take care of everything so you can focus on healing and getting back to your everyday life.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you’re involved in a vehicle crash, don’t hesitate to reach out to an experienced law office immediately. They’ll provide the legal counsel and representation you need to get your deserved compensation.
At Western Justice Associates, PLLC, we have helped countless individuals recover compensation from these accidents. From negotiating with insurance companies to protecting your rights in the courtroom, our legal team will be with you every step of the way.
Find out your legal options and how we can help in your situation. Schedule your free consultation today with one of our Bozeman car accident lawyers.