Maxwell “Max” Kirchhoff is a partner at Western Justice Associates. His practice is exclusively dedicated to civil litigation for plaintiffs where he focuses on personal injury, product liability, and class action litigation.
Max is a third generation Montanan, born and raised in Bozeman. He has proudly represented Montanans from all corners of the State. Max understands that most Montanans will have a hard time getting a fair settlement from insurance companies and other corporate wrongdoers without his help, so he expends all efforts to provide injured Montanans with the compensation they deserve. Max’s success in achieving excellent results for his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers.
When Max is not practicing law, he is likely to be found hunting big game, cross-country skiing, lifting weights, or spending time with his family.
U.S. District Court, District of Montana
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
Primary Practice Areas
• Personal Injury (car crash, workplace injury, etc.)
• Product Liability (medical devices, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, equipment, etc.)
• Class Action
Honors & Awards
• Listed in Super Lawyers, Rising Stars
• Listed in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Published Works & Lectures
• “Rule 34 Practice Pointers,” Trial Trends, Summer 2020
• Speaker at MTLA Seminar “Countering Defense Tactics,” Winter 2022
2015- J.D., University of Montana School of Law
2011- M.A., Western Michigan University
2009- B.A., DePaul University
Professional Associations & Memberships
2013-present, Montana Trial Lawyers Association
2015-present, American Association for Justice
2018-present, The National Trial Lawyers
Life member, Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
Life member, Wild Sheep Foundation